After a short while, “Engagement Bliss” may transition into thousands of questions, essentially asking yourself, “Now what?” Don’t fret - that’s absolutely normal! One thing that is crucial to a stress-free planning period is a comprehensive checklist. We’ve provided one below that you can customize to fit your needs. Feel free to contact our fabulous wedding team to help answer your questions as you plan your perfect day. We’re here to help.
10-12 Months to Go:
- Establish your budget and identify your top priorities - this will help you better understand where you want to splurge or save.
- Compile a preliminary guest list.
- Choose your wedding party.
- Find your venue and reserve your date for your ceremony and reception.
- Send save-the-date reminders (you can send cards or e-vites) to people you’d like to attend.
- Say yes to your dress and choose a stylish tux. Once you select your wedding attire, you can begin scheduling alterations.
- Select Wedding Planner
- Choose your honeymoon or “mini-moon” destination. Reunion Resort offers great packages for couples to unwind immediately after your wedding celebration. Contact our team to learn more!
6-9 Months to Go:
- Research, interview and book vendors
- Decide on decor and floral arrangements with your designer.
- Confirm what amenities (e.g. tables, chairs, altars, linens, etc.) are offered at Reunion Resort and make arrangements for everything else what you need.
- Schedule your cake tasting and choose a wedding cake style.
- Hire your DJ/entertainment.
- Hire a photographer, videographer and (optional) photo booth company (this would be a fun activity and party favor for your guests!)
- Arrange and book any necessary transportation to the resort itself, and communicate with Reunion Resort regarding their shuttle options for the wedding day.
- Discuss the information necessary for your wedding invitation.
- Schedule your rehearsal at your ceremony location and rehearsal dinner, if desired. Make sure you invite everyone who you’d like to attend these pre-wedding events.
- Start creating your wedding website. This will be a great tool for collecting your RSVPs and entree choices through the web rather than having to keep track of physical RSVP cards. You can also personalize your wedding website with information about your bridal party, write your romantic love story and share any special photos.
- Create a gift registry, if desired.
- Start arranging accommodations for your guests. Reunion Resort will be happy to coordinate the number of rooms needed and discuss the booking process.
- Start shopping for your bridal party’s attire.
3-5 Months to Go:
- Schedule your tasting menu meeting at Reunion Resort and choose your menu.
- Order optional wedding favors for your guests.
- Purchase or rent your wedding accessories such as shoes, jewelry, men’s ties, socks, etc.
- Finalize your guest list and send invitations.
- Complete a makeup and hair “trial run” and book your stylists. Take an additional step and start your own beauty and stress-relief regimens.
- Purchase your wedding bands.
- Finalize planning for your honeymoon or mini-moon trip.
6-8 Weeks to Go:
- Finalize ceremony readings and vows.
- Finalize marriage license requirements and name-change paperwork.
- Touch base with vendors to confirm final details.
- Rehearse any dances you plan to perform.
3-5 Weeks to Go:
- Confirm song lists for musicians.
- Obtain your marriage license.
- Buy gifts for your wedding party and parents.
- Complete your final dress fitting.
- Follow up with anyone who has not yet RSVP’d.
- Obtain Day-of-Coordinator
1-2 Weeks to Go:
- Give your caterer/venue and planner your final guest count.
- Create your seating chart and place cards.
- Pick up your gown.
- Confirm the timeline for wedding weekend including ceremony, reception, speeches, etc. and give copies to your planner, venue, maid of honor, and parents.
- Confirm your beauty and spa sessions pampering sessions have been scheduled.
1-2 Days to Go:
- Ensure all wedding day materials such as accessories, favors, gifts, etc. are packed, then assign someone to pick up and deliver them to Reunion Resort.
- Calculate tips and final payments for vendors and place them in marked envelopes.
- Try to get some rest if you can.
Wedding Day Advice:
- Allow plenty of time to get ready but be conscious of your timeline.
- Take a deep breath, enjoy your day and take time to appreciate your spouse.