Make sure you take advantage of having the certified wedding specialist and your wedding planner in one room! This is your opportunity to speak up about how you feel about each dish as well as details on when you want everything to be served. Below, we’ve listed what you can expect from a typical tasting. Be sure to contact our catering team for additional information ahead of your tasting.
When does the menu tasting take place?
Depending on your menu selection, the tasting would be held anywhere between 2-4 months prior to the wedding. Keep in mind how large you anticipate your guest list to be and whether you’re planning to have your guests select their entree choice when they RSVP.
How many people should attend the tasting?
Your tasting should include the bride and groom, your certified wedding specialist, wedding planner, and at least two other guests to get the most out of your experience.
How long will the menu tasting be?
Your menu tasting generally lasts about two hours. Make sure you use the time to discuss menu options, menu substitutions, dietary restrictions, specific times you want the meals to be served and other wedding day details.
How do you select what items to taste?
- You will typically select one starter for all guests and two entrees for them to choose from.
- The chef will pair your entrees with complementing sides to enhance each dish. Some fan favorites are the Oven Roasted Roasted Fennel and Fresh Herb Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes!
- You will be able to taste the starters, the entree choices and the sides.
- Buffets provide guests with the option of trying multiple dishes and customizing their preferences. One finger-licking good buffet staple is the Braised Short Ribs!
- These stations and displays have become increasingly popular. At the tasting, you’ll be able to taste every component at each menu station.
What catering services does Reunion Resort offer?
We offer a variety of services including Buffet, Plated, Cocktail Reception, Outside Cake, Dessert, Chocolate Fountain, Family Style, Hors d’ oeuvres, Server(s) and Stations.
Will the menu presentation look the same on our wedding day?
For plated menus, we will show a similar plate for each dish so you have an accurate depiction of what the plate will be on your wedding day. For the buffet and live station menu tasting, we will show a smaller scale presentation, but the actual menu items will look and be the same.
Can you accommodate special dietary restrictions?
We recommend discussing dietary restrictions and allergies before your tasting date to make sure we can accommodate them. The certified Wedding Specialist will communicate them to the chef to ensure the menu doesn’t include the restricted items. Please confirm allergies and restrictions to your wedding specialist at least two weeks before your wedding event.